Audience: Technology Resource Teachers – Peel District School Board
Goals: Introduce high school teachers to VR and lead them through building and publishing their own Google Cardboard apps using Unity.
Specific objectives included:
- An overview and demos of existing VR techologies (Oculus Rift DK2, Gear VR, Google Cardboard)
- Introduction to the Unity Editor and basic scripting
- How to find free models provided by NASA and import them into Unity
- Introduction to the Google Cardboard SDK
- Publishing and side-loading apps to Android devices