Audience: Association of Medical Illustrators
Goals: Half-day workshop on building AR applications using Vuforia and Unity.
In this workshop, I presented design considerations for working in AR, along with techniques for optimizing models for use in Unity, and lead participants through the process of developing and publishing AR apps.
Specific objectives included:
- Review current applications of AR in biomedical communications and what kind of experiences the current technology can support
- Gain an understanding of the design and development process for a mobile AR application.
- Realize the unique UI and UX challenges present in an AR environment.
- Learn the basic workflow for setting up an AR project in Unity using the Vuforia AR platform.
- Review optimizing and importing 3D models into Unity
- Build and publish a mobile application using AR